(An affiliate member of Business Educators Australasia Inc.) Serving Members since 1968 ABN 29 002 677 750
This service is for the registration and management of membership for EBE NSW only. For member benefits, including members only access to online resources and publications, please visit www.ebe.nsw.edu.au
Economics and Business Educators (EBE) NSW is an active professional teachers association, representing and supporting current and future teachers of the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Economics, Business Studies, Legal Studies and Commerce courses. The vision of EBE NSW is to inspire teachers to be passionate and dynamic Economics, Business, Legal and Commerce educators. EBE NSW was established in 1966 and operates as an Australian Public Company, Limited by Guarantee. EBE NSW is governed by a Board of Directors who are all educators. It is a member of the Professional Teachers’ Council NSW (the coordination and consultancy body for professional teachers associations in NSW) and is also an affiliate member of the national subject association, Business Educators Australasia.
Members of EBE NSW are a part of an organisation committed to helping teachers. Attending our events puts you in touch with a wide network of teachers from across the state in a friendly atmosphere. Membership fees may be fully tax deductible.Becoming a member of EBE NSW holds great value. Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Invitations to teacher professional development courses held throughout the year. Our professional development courses are syllabus and classroom friendly. Members receive discounted attendance rates. For courses that are endorsed by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA), attendees can gain NESA registered professional development hours. Other courses can be used to gain teacher identified professional development hours.
- Regular e-newsletters sent to each member’s registered email address providing them with the latest information related to the teaching and learning of the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Business Studies, Commerce, Economics and Legal Studies courses.
- The EBE Journal – Journal of the Economics and Business Educators NSW which includes articles about the content in the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Business Studies, Commerce, Economics and Legal Studies syllabuses, teaching and learning strategies and resources. Members also have access to past issues of the journal. Members also have the opportunity to write articles for the journal and submit them for publication.
- Significant reductions in prices for our publications such as our original HSC trial examinations.
- Access to resources on the members’ only section of the EBE NSW website.
- All the latest information with regards to the Plan Your Own Enterprise Competition in order to enter your students in this national competition. EBE holds an annual NSW PYOE awards ceremony for student winners in NSW, their parents and their teachers. Business Educators Australasia Inc., holds the national awards ceremony.
- Access to the EBE NSW Helpdesk where members can communicate with and seek support from EBE NSW directors.
- Representation on curriculum committees at both a state and national level so our subjects are given maximum attention and issues of our members are addressed. EBE has been influential in strengthening and supporting the work of teachers in our subject areas.
- Receiving all the latest information about the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA) Australian Curriculum: Economics and Business and ACARA Australian Curriculum: Civics and Citizenship.
- Keeping connected with our peak professional national association, Business Educators Australasia Inc., of which EBE NSW is a member.
Membership is valid for 12 months beginning on 1 January – 31 December each year. All prices includes GST.
This facility is hosted by PTC NSW on behalf of EBE NSW.
|Individual (remote rebate)||$63.80 now.||Select|
|Business/ Corporate||$250.00 now.||Select|
|School/ Library||$260.00 now.||Select|
Please read the following information. When you sign up for membership it is assumed that you agree to this Declaration.
EBE NSW is a Company Limited by Guarantee and as such offers limited liability to its members. As to the amount of liability, Clause 7 of EBE’s Memorandum of Association reads: – “Every member of the Company undertakes to contribute to the property of the Company in the event of the same being wound up while they are a member, or within one year, after they cease to be a member, for the payment of the debts and liabilities of the Company (contracted before they ceased to be a member) and of the costs, charges and expenses of winding up and for the adjustment of the rights of the contributories among themselves such amount as may be required, not exceeding one hundred dollars ($100.00)”. I hereby apply for membership of the Economics & Business Educators, NSW. I also hereby agree to be bound by the Memorandum of Association of the Economics & Business Educators, NSW.